Located on 186 acres near Dilley, Texas, the Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary provides a safe, permanent home for more than 500 nonhuman primates, many of whom were rescued from abusive situations in research facilities, roadside zoos, or private possession.
The Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary enables macaques, vervets, and baboons to meet — some for the very first time — their wide range of innate physical, social, and psychological needs. Animals who once suffered now know peace, and experience freedoms they never had — the freedom to roam in a natural environment, to spend time in the company of others of their kind, and to be themselves instead of pets, test subjects, or curiosities.
The Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary is a unique facility, one of the very few to allow its residents to live out their days in the most natural environment possible, with a minimal level of human interference.
For more information contact email@example.com or call (916) 447-3085, ext. 215.
- Born Free USA to Use World Wildlife Day, March 3, as Platform to Highlight Horrific Wildlife Trade Issue
- Top Washington D.C. Vegan Bakery Sticky Fingers to Support Born Free USA on World Wildlife Day, March 3
- Two Pennsylvania "Pet" Monkeys Rescued from Inhumane Conditions Arrive at Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary in Texas
- Born Free USA CEO to Speak at DC Independent Film Festival
- Adam Roberts Named CEO of Born Free USA
- More Press Releases »