Located on 186 acres near Dilley, Texas, the Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary provides a safe, permanent home for more than 500 nonhuman primates, many of whom were rescued from abusive situations in research facilities, roadside zoos, or private possession.
The Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary enables macaques, vervets, and baboons to meet — some for the very first time — their wide range of innate physical, social, and psychological needs. Animals who once suffered now know peace, and experience freedoms they never had — the freedom to roam in a natural environment, to spend time in the company of others of their kind, and to be themselves instead of pets, test subjects, or curiosities.
The Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary is a unique facility, one of the very few to allow its residents to live out their days in the most natural environment possible, with a minimal level of human interference.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 447-3085.
- Charla Nash, Born Free USA, Humane Society of the United States Speak out on Capitol Hill
- Born Free Cheetahs Grab World Cup Action
- Born Free Launches Global Campaign to Keep Cheetahs Off Chains
- Pressure Mounts to Protect Wildlife in Trade at Upcoming International Wildlife Meeting
- Born Free USA Applauds New Jersey Legislature for Passing Historic Ban on Ivory and Rhino Horn Trade
- More Press Releases »