Located on 186 acres near Dilley, Texas, the Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary provides a safe, permanent home for more than 500 nonhuman primates, many of whom were rescued from abusive situations in research facilities, roadside zoos, or private possession.
The Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary enables macaques, vervets, and baboons to meet — some for the very first time — their wide range of innate physical, social, and psychological needs. Animals who once suffered now know peace, and experience freedoms they never had — the freedom to roam in a natural environment, to spend time in the company of others of their kind, and to be themselves instead of pets, test subjects, or curiosities.
The Born Free USA Primate Sanctuary is a unique facility, one of the very few to allow its residents to live out their days in the most natural environment possible, with a minimal level of human interference.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 447-3085.
- Born Free USA Supports Representative Peter DeFazio’s New Bill to Deter Ivory Trade
- Groundbreaking Report Commissioned by Born Free USA Uncovers Ivory Supply Chain from Poached African Elephants to Markets in Asia
- Born Free USA, PETA, and Public Protest Exotic Animal Rides at Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Born Free USA Commends New York Governor Cuomo for Signing Historic Bill Restricting Ivory and Rhino Horn Trade
- Born Free USA Applauds New York Governor for Signing Bill to End Irresponsible Public Contact with Exotic Cats
- More Press Releases »