When it comes to advocacy, there is great power in numbers. That's why Born Free USA plays an active role in several national and international animal protection coalitions.
The collaborative efforts in which we participate address a variety of animal protection concerns, ranging from the use of animals in cosmetics testing to the protection of wild animals held in captivity to the strengthening of laws and regulations aimed at saving endangered and threatened species. We are also frequently involved in national and global animal protection meetings, conferences, and events.
We play a critical role in a number of coalitions and initiatives designed to increase the effectiveness of animal advocates by fostering collaboration. These collaborative bodies and activities include:
- Animal Alliance of Canada (founding member, Board of Directors)
- Avian Welfare Coalition
- California Gray Whale Coalition
- Captive Wild Animal Protection Coalition
- Fur Free Alliance
- International Tiger Coalition
- National Council for Animal Protection
- Species Survival Network (founding member, Board of Directors)